Amritsari Kulcha Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 boiled potato (aloo)
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander leaves (kothmir)
- 1/2 green chilli (hari mirchi/mirpakaya)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 pinch chaat masala
- salt as required
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon yoghurt or curd (dahi/perugu)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon refined oil
2 tablespoon lukewarm milk
Step by Step Instructions
- In a large bowl sieve together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix the curd and sugar and knead into a dough with warm milk added as per need. Cover with moist cloth and set aside.
For the Stuffing:
- Mash together, boiled potatoes, chopped onions, green chilies, chat masala, coriander leaves, red chili powder, cumin powder and salt and mix well.
For the Kulcha:
- Divide the dough into two parts. Flatten each into a thick sheet. Place a spoonful of stuffing in each sheet and close well from all sides.
- Carefully roll into a thick flat rounded sheet sprinkling some four to prevent from sticking.
- On a non-stick greased pan, roast the kulcha well on both sides till bubbles form on surface and there is surface becomes crusty.