- 350 Grams of fish
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp of oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 Tsp turmeric powder(haldi/pasupu)
- 1 Tbsp red chilli powder(laal mirchi powder/kaaram)
- 1/2 Tsp lemon juice(nimbu/nimmakai)
- 1/2 Tsp ajwain(vaamu)
- 3 Tbsp besan(senaga pindi)
- 3/4 Tsp punjabi garam masala
- 1/2 Tsp kasuri methi (crushed)
- Sufficient oil for deep fry
Step by Step Instructions
- To begin the simple and very delicious Amritsari Macchi first marinate the fish pieces with salt, lemon juice, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ajwain, ginger garlic paste, besan(roast the besan for a little bit) and kasuri methi.
- Set this aside for 30 mins.
- Heat the pan and now deep fry the fish.
- Once the fish is fried well, turn off the heat and serve hot with some onions and mint sauce.