Aloo Bengena Pitika
- 2-3 Med boiled potatoes .
- 1 Big onion finely chopped.
- 6-7 Green chillies finely chopped.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 Big brinjal.
- 1/4 Cup coriander leaves finely chopped.
- 2 Tbsp mustard oil
Step by Step Instructions
- Take a bowl peel the skin and mash the boiled potatoes.
- Now add a sprinkle of salt,chopped onions and green chilies and put it aside.
- Grease the eggplant with a little mustard oil, prick all over with the help of a skewer cover the egg plant with aluminium foil and roast till the skin starts peeling off.
- Turn the eggplant carefully every 1-2 minutes till it is uniformly cooked. Check with a knife or a folk to see if it is cooked.
- Switch off the flame, allow the eggplant to cool to room temperature.
- Gently remove the charred skin from the eggplant.
- Mash the eggplant pulp till smooth. Add a sprinkle of salt and mix it with the mashed potato and add coriander leaves.
- Take a pan add mustard oil and saute the brinjal and potato mixture for 10 mins and set it aside.
- Serve hot with plain rice.