- 500 Gms fish.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of panch phoran seeds.
- 2 Tbsp of mustard oil.
- 3 Tomatoes finely chopped.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 Tsp turmeric powder.
- 1 Med potato cut into small pieces.
- Sufficient oil for pan frying the fish.
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
- 2 Dry red chillies.
- 2 Cups of water.
- 1/4 bunch of coriander leaves
Step by Step Instructions
- Marinate the fish pieces with turmeric powder, salt and set it aside for 30 mins or so.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the marinated fish until slightly browned by turning both sides and set it aside.
- Now heat the mustard oil in the cooking pan and add the dry chillies and the panch phoran seeds and saute for 3 mins till they leave the aroma.
- Now add the finely chopped tomatoes to the oil,mix well and saute until you see the oil separating from the pan.
- Now add the water,fried fish, potatoes and cook till you see the gravy formed and then add lemon water to make it more tangy if you want. Lemon water is optional if you do not like tangy. Add the coriander leaves cook for another 5 mins.
- Reduce the flame and serve hot with plain rice.