A delectable dish made with eggplant and spices
- 3 tbsp oil
- 250 gms of Brinjal (baingan/
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds (Rai/
- 1 cup onions(
pyaaj/ uligada) finely chopped
- Few Curry leaves (curry
- Salt as needed
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste (Adrak
lahsunka paste/ allam vellullipaste)
tspncoriander powder (Dhaniya powder/ daniyala podi)
tspn chillipowder ( mirchipowder/ karam podi)
tspnTurmeric powder ( haldi/ pasupu)
- Coriander (Dhaniya/
kothimeera) Leaves for Garnish.
- 3 tbsp peanuts (
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds ( til,
- 4 tbsp fresh coconut
Step by Step Instructions
- Roast together, peanuts, sesame seeds, and grated coconut till light brown and blend with sufficient water to form a paste once it cools and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the brinjals till the skin turns dark. Then set them aside after removing them from the pan.
- In the same pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, and onions and fry well till the mustard seeds splutter.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, and garam masala and saute.
- Then add the blended mixture of peanuts, sesame, and coconut and fry the entire mixture well. Then add the filtered tamarind paste.
- When the oil begins separating in the curry, add the brinjals, mix well and cook further till the brinjal is cooked well. Add salt to taste.
- The curry is ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- The brinjals are to be cut lengthwise, into 4 sections, leaving them still intact at the stalk.
- Do not overcook the brinjal lest it may turn to paste consistency.