Bharli Bhendi Recipe
- 3-4 tbsp Raw peanuts (mungphali/pallilu)
- 1/4 cup grated dry Coconut (kopra/ endu kobari)
- 2 finely chopped Garlic cloves (lahsun/vellulli)
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds (til/nuvulu)
- 1/2 tsp Goda masala
- 1 tsp Red chili powder (mirchi powder)
- Coriander powder (dhaniya)
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Sugar
For Curry :
- 250 gms Okra/ladies fingers (Bhendi/bendakaya)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves (kothmir)
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat a pan and roast the peanuts till they begin to change colour, then add coconut and roast it the same way. Add garlic, and sesame seeds.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Grind into coarse powder along with Goda masala, garam masala, red chili powder, coriander seeds’ powder, pinch of salt and pinch of sugar.Set aside for use later.
- Slit the washed and dried bhendi and slit them and fill with the stuffing lavishly. In a pan, heat oil and carefully place the stuffed bhendi in the pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then cook further with the lid off. You may add any leftover stuffing at this point and cook till the bhendi are cooked well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.