This rich and delicious mithai will melt in your mouth
1 hour 25 minutes
- 4 1/2 cups full-fat milk
- a few saffrons (
- 2 tsp warm milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 pinches citric acid (
- 1/4 tsp cardamom (
For The Garnish
- 1 tbsp finely chopped pistachios
- 1 tbsp finely chopped almonds (badam)
- 1/4 Ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 Powdered Sugar
- 5-7 Saffron Strands, optional
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder (green
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg Powder (
- 1 tbsp Sliced Almonds, for garnishing
- 1 tbsp Sliced Pistachio, for garnishing
Step by Step Instructions
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan on a high flame, while stirring twice in between. This will take approx. 4 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce the flame to medium and cook for 15 minutes or till the milk reduces to half its quantity while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Meanwhile, combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Add the sugar and saffron-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Simultaneously, combine the cornflour and the milk in a small bowl and mix well till the cornflour dissolves completely. Keep aside.
- Also, combine the citric acid and 1 tbsp of water in a small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Gradually add the cornflour-milk mixture and citric acid mixture to the boiling milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 4 to 5 minutes or till the mixture resembles
mava(khoya) while stirring continuously and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Transfer it to a plate, spread with the help of a flat spatula and keep aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape each portion in between your palms into a flat round.
- Garnish each
pedawith pistachio and almond and press it gently.
Besan Laddu Directions:
- Sieve gram flour in a large bowl or a plate and keep it aside. Heat ghee in a kadai or heavy-based pan over low flame.
- When ghee starts to melt, add sieved gram flour.
- Mix well using a spatula.
- Roast it over a low flame until it turns golden brown, stirring continuously. When it is roasted properly, you will get the nice aroma from it. It would take approx 7-10 minutes, however, time may vary depending on the thickness of pan or kadai you are using.
- Turn off the heat, add saffron strands, nutmeg powder and cardamom powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a large plate and let it cool for approx. 8-10 minutes. When the mixture is slightly warm, proceed to next step.
- Add powdered sugar and mix.
- Mix until sugar is properly blended with roasted flour and mixture turns smooth.
- Divide it into 8 small equal portions and give them a shape of laddu.
- Garnish besan laddus with almond slice and pistachios and let them cool at room temperature. Serve with snacks or store them in an airtight container.