popular south and north Indian side dish made with black gram lentil and yogurt.
- 500ml Curd or yogurt (
- 5-6 Curry leaves (curry
- 1-3 Green chilies chopped
- Salt to taste.
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds(Rai/
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds (jeera/
- 2 dry Red
chillies( sukhiLalmirchi/ endu mirapakaya)
- 1 bunch of coriander (Dhaniya/
kothimeera) leaves finely chopped
- Asafetida (Hing/
enguva) to taste.
- 1 cup Black gram (Urad daal/
- Oil to fry.
Step by Step Instructions
For the Vada
- Clean, wash and soak the dal Then grind it to smooth paste. Add salt to taste.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add big drops of the batter. Fry till
Goldenbrown and then remove from the oil.
- Add these
vadasin water for 2-3 minutes, then remove and squeeze excess water out.
For the Dahi:
- Blend together, dry roasted cumin seeds, green chili, and coriander leaves.
- Mix this well with the yogurt.
- In a deep dish, arrange the
vada sand pour dahiover them.
- For tempering heat oil in a wok/Tadka
kadaiadd mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chilies, curry, and leaves pour this tempering over dahi vadas.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
Dahi vada is now ready. (To be served cold).