Flourless Chocolate Sin Cake
- 1 cup Semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 0R 2 tsp coffee powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract(optional)
- 3 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 190 C. Grease a metal round cake pan.
- To make the put the chocolate and butter and melt it until the butter and chips are soft and creamy. Stir until the chips melt reheating briefly if necessary. You can also do this over a burner is set at very low heat. Transfer the melted chocolate/butter to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the sugar, salt, espresso powder
andvanilla. Espresso enhances chocolate’s flavor mushas vanilla does. Using 1 teaspoon enhances the flavor.
- Add the eggs beating briefly until smooth. Add the cocoa powder and mix just to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan
- Bake the cake for 25 mins until the top forms a thin crust. Remove it from the oven and cool it in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Loosen the edges of the pan with a table knife or nylon spreader and turn it out onto a serving plate. The top will now be on the bottom. Also, the edges will crumble a bit which is fine. Allow the cake to cool completely before glazing.
To make the glaze:
- combine the chocolate and heavy cream in a bowl and heat until the cream is very hot but not simmering. Remove and stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is completely smooth.
- Spoon the glaze over the cake spreading it to drip over the sides. Allow the glaze to set for several hours before serving the cake. You can store it in a refrigerator until the glaze forms a thick layer.