Goan Chicken Cafreal
4hr for marination
40 minutes for roasting
- 500 Gms Chicken with bone
- 3 Tbsp oil for pan frying or sufficient oil for pan frying
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
For the Green paste:
- 1 Cup coriander leaves or half a bunch of coriander leaves
- 5 Green chillies
- 2 Tbsp ginger paste
- 3 Garlic flakes
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 Tsp cumin seeds
- 8 to 9 Peppercorn
- 4 to 5 Cardamom pods
Step by Step Instructions
- Blend all the ingredients mentioned for the Green coriander masala paste by adding little water until thick smooth texture.
- Add the paste to the chicken pieces and coat well. Marinate the chicken for 4 hours.
- In a heavy bottom pan heat the oil on medium heat and add the marinated chicken to the pan.
- Keep stirring the chicken often for every 5-6 minutes.
- Turn the heat to a low setting and cook until chicken is tender.
- Stir a few times to ensure that the chicken doesn’t burn underneath.
- Add some vinegar at the end.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and serve with salad.