Goan Fish Curry
- 2 Medium size chopped Onion
- 6 Green Chillies
- 1 Cup Shredded coconut
- 1 Tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Inch Ginger
- 5 Garlic flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Peppercorns
- 8 to 9 Red Chillies (soaked in warm water)
- 1/2 Tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp Tamarind (soaked in water)
- 2 to 3 Cups of water or according to the gravy consistency you like to have.
Step by Step Instructions
- To begin making the Goan Fish Curry,
- Marinate the fish pieces with turmeric, salt and set it aside. Fish has soft meat, so you do not have to marinate it for longer hours.
- Blend all the ingredients together to form a relatively smooth paste.
- Heat a Kadai or a wok pan and transfer the blended masala paste to the Kadai and add water and let it boil for 15 mins on high heat.
- Add Salt to taste and the marinated fish to the gravy and ensure you are adding in less salt as the fish has been marinated with salt, mix well and let it cook for 15 mins on high heat.
- When you see the curry bubbling well and few glimpses of natural coconut oil on top of the gravy that is an indicator that the gravy is ready to be served.
- Remove the Kadai from heat and serve hot with warm rice.