Goan Fish Recheado
- 2 Mackerels slit and thoroughly cleaned
For the Recheado Masala:
- Salt to taste
- 10 Dry red Kashmiri chilies
- 1 Medium sized onion
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tbsp ginger chopped
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tsp peppercorn
- 1 Tsp cumin seed
- 4-5 Cloves
- 2 Green cardamom
- 1 Tbsp Jaggery
- 2 Tbsp vinegar(to soak and make a fine paste of all the above ingredients)
- Oil for pan frying
Step by Step Instructions
Steps for the Reacheado Masala:
- Take a bowl and soak all the dry ingredients(red chillies, salt, cloves, cinnamon, green cardamoms, cumin seeds, black peppercorns, ginger and garlic in vinegar for 8hrs.
- Take a pan and saute onions in 1 tbsp of oil on low flame till golden brown.
- Add jaggery to the onion mixture and transfer to the dry ingredients and blend them together until fine paste.
- You can add vinegar if you think the paste is too thick.
For Pan Frying:
- Clean and cut fish, then stuff it with Reacheado paste.
- Marinate the fish with the Reacheado paste and set it aside for 1hr.
- Then shallow fry fish in 4 to 5 tbsp oil until dark brown by turning each side.
- Fish Recheado is ready. Garnish with some coriander which is optional.
- It’s best served with roti or bread or rice with some dal.