Goan Prawns Xeque Xeque
- 250 Gms of Prawns
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Cup finely chopped onions
- 2 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 Cup fresh coconut milk
- 4 Green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 8-10 Red Kashmiri Chillies (If you want spicier you can add more chillies)
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 1 Tsp Haldi Powder
- 5 to 6 Pepper-Corns
- 1 Tsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Tsp of Tamarind
Step by Step Instructions
Coconut milk mixture and Masala Paste:
- Blend coconut milk with coriander seeds and set it aside.
- Dry roast the red chillies with all the dry spices of the masala ingredients.
- Boil 2 tomatoes, add the tomatoes to the above dry spices mixture.
- Blend all the ingredients to paste including Tamarind.
- Heat oil in a Pan and add the chopped onions and fry until golden brown.
- Then add 1 chopped tomato with ginger garlic paste and cook until soft.
- Add prawns cook for 2 minutes and then add the masala mixture, mix well and cook for another 5 more minutes.
- Finally, add the coconut milk and green chillies and cook on medium heat until it forms a thick gravy.
- Remove from the pan and serve hot with rice or Goan bread.