Mutton Yakhni recipe
- 500 Gms Mutton.
- 1/4 Cup of ghee.
- Salt to taste.
- 1/2 Tsp turmeric powder.
- 5 Green cardamom.
- 6-7 Cloves.
- 1 Inch of cinnamon.
- 2 Bay leaves.
- 1/2 Tsp of red chilli powder.
- 2 Tsp of milk.
- 2 Pinches of saffron.
- 2.5 Cups of Yogurt(curd).
- 1 Tsp of ginger powder.
- 1 1/2 Tsp of fennel seeds powder.
- 3 Red chillies.
Step by Step Instructions
- Clean the mutton with hot water, salt and drain the excess water from the mutton and set it for further usage.
- Whisk the yogurt until smooth and keep it aside.
- Dissolve the saffron in the milk and keep it further usage.
- Take a pressure cooker, on medium heat add ghee, bay leaves, red chillies, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick and saute until you feel the aroma, it takes about 2-3 mins only. Now add the mutton pieces,salt and cook until the water dries of from the mutton.
- Once the water is dried off you can add the yogurt, ginger powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and fennel seeds powder stir until the mutton pieces are well combined with the added mixture.
- Now add 2 cups of water, give it a good mix and cover the pressure cooker.
- On medium heat cook the mutton for about 6-7 whistles or until the mutton pieces are soft.
- Now once the cooker drops the pressure completely, give the gravy a good mix.
- In the end add the dissolved saffron milk and cook for about 5-6 mins with the cooker uncovered.
- The curry should have a gravy consistency, if you find it runny please cook it without covering the cooker for another 10 mins and serve hot with rice or Indian bread.