- 1 Cup of Semiya
- ½ Can of condensed milk
- 2 ½ Cups of whole milk
- 1 Cup of coconut milk
- ½ Cup sugar
- 1/4th Tsp of cardamom powder
- Sufficient ghee for roasting vermicelli and nuts
- 12-13 Cashew nuts
- 10-15 Raisins
Step by Step Instructions
- To begin with, take a pan heat it on medium flame and pour sufficient ghee for roasting the nuts and vermicelli.
- First add vermicelli and roast them till light brown and set it aside (this step is optional,but if you do so it enhances the taste)
- Now add cashew nuts roast them till little brown and then add raisins, once the raisins start plumping up remove both them from heat.
- Take a bowl, on medium heat add milk and sugar and stir till the sugar dissolves, followed by , adding roasted vermicelli,condensed milk and coconut milk and cook until the vermicelli turns soft now finally add cardamom powder and roasted cashews and raisins.
- When you see a nice thick pouring consistency, you can switch off the stove and serve either hot or cold.
Note: If you find Payasam having thick consistency, you can add more milk, ensure you boil the milk before you add and then serve hot. This usually happens when you store the Payasam for the next day. You can also garnish Payasam with almonds. Roast them following the same process of roasting the cashews.