5 hrs 30 minutes
- Full cream milk or Buffalo’s milk – 1 liter
- Dairy cream (full fat) (Heavy Whipping Cream)- 1 tbsp or 300 ml
- Cream of tartar – 1 Tsp
- Silver leaf (chandi ka vark)– 3-4 (optional)
- Castor sugar – as per taste
- Chopped pistachios (boiled & de-skinned)– 1 cup
- Rose water/Kewra water- 1-2 tsp (optional)
- Cardamom powder- 2 tsp (optional)
- Saffron (Kesar)- 10-15 strands
Step by Step Instructions
- Boil full cream milk and chill it in the fridge.
- Then add dairy cream, castor sugar, rose water, cardamom powder, cream of tartar, a pinch of yellow colour mix well and refrigerate for up to 5 hours.
- Then slowly whisk the mixture and keep collecting the froth that forms. Put the remaining milk back into the fridge till it sets again adding saffron strands to it.
- Repeat the process of collecting the saffron froth again.
- To serve, use a cool glass or chilled ice cream bowl, adding the milk froth and then layering the saffron froth, sprinkle with castor sugar and slices pistachios. Garnish with silver leaf (optional) and serve chilled immediately.
- Tip: You can use icing sugar instead of castor sugar.