Phuklein (Jaggery bread)
- 2 Cups of rice flour
- 1 Cup of Jaggery
- ½ cup or 3/4th cup of water for melting Jaggery.
- Oil for deep drying
Step by Step Instructions
- Take a deep pan, on medium heat add the jaggery and water keep stirring it until you see a thick syrup.
- Slowly add the rice flour and make a thick batter, make sure you keep stirring the mixture to avoid lumps.
- Heat a kadai, add sufficient oil for deep frying, meanwhile make balls and pat them flat. Deep fry on both sides on medium heat until they give nice golden brown colour.
- Remove them one by one and drain them on a paper towel and serve hot or cold.
Note: Please don’t cook these on high heat as sometimes the outer part looks cooked,however it may be half cooked from inside.