2 hrs for soaking the chana dal
40 minutes for cooking
- 1 Cup Chana dal.
- Salt to taste.
- 4 Green chilies.
- 1 Inch ginger piece.
- 3 Tbsp black sesame seeds
Step by Step Instructions
- To start with wash the bengal gram with water and soak it for 2 hours.
- Drain the bengal gram and transfer it to a jar with green chillies, ginger,salt and make it a coarse paste by adding very little water.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add sesame seeds and mix well and shape into vada patties with all the batter.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a deep frying pan and drop the already made patties into the oil one by one.
- Fry vada’s until golden brown and remove them onto a paper towel and serve with any chutney of your choice.