Panch Phoron Tarkari
- 150 gm pumpkin, diced
- 2 potatoes , diced
- 4 small brinjal diced
- 2 Cups of Cauliflower (optional)
To be grounded
- 2 Tbsp Panch Phoran seeds
Dry roast them and make a fine powder
- 2 Bay leaves.
- 3 Green chillies.
- 1 tTsp turmeric powder.
- 1/4 Cup milk.
- 2 Tbsp mustard oil.
- 1 Tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
Step by Step Instructions
- Dry roast the Paanch Phoran seeds and ground them to a fine powder for further usage.
- On medium flame, heat the pan, add oil, add bay leaves and the blended spice powder.
- Once the spices leave the aroma, add the cut vegetables mix well.
- After a good mix add sugar, salt, turmeric and mix thoroughly.
- Pour sufficient water and add milk to cook the vegetables.
- Cover the pan with the lid and cook until they turn soft (please ensure they do not turn mushy)
- Once they turn soft, you can switch off the stove.
- Garnishing it with coriander and serve it with roti or plain rice.