Parsi Sali/Salli Boti Recipe
1Hr 20 Minutes
- 750 Gms Mutton (cut into small pieces)
- 3 Tbsp Ghee or oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 4 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 4 Onions or 2 1/2 cups of finely chopped onions.
- 3-4 Green chillies, chopped
- 1/2 A bunch of Coriander leaves
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Jaggery
- 7 Potatoes cut into thin fingers
- Oil for deep frying
Step by Step Instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the fried onions and salt until golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, saute for few mins until it loses the raw smell, then add mutton and turmeric powder let it cook until the water from the mutton drains and then add red chilli powder.
- Mix well until the Mutton pieces are tender.
- Now add the coriander powder, cumin powder followed by tomatoes and mix well.
- Add a little jaggery and vinegar and mix well and then add garam masala.
- Cover the pan and cook on low flame for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander and give it a final stir.
For the Sali/Salli:
- Cut the Potatoes into thin fingers.
- Soak them in cold salt water for a few minutes.
- Drain the water and deep fry the potato fingers in hot oil, till golden brown and crisp.
- Remove excess oil from potato straws and serve hot with the Boti.
Finally, garnish it with few coriander leaves and top it up with Salli.