Rajasthani Besan Bhindi
Rajasthani Besan Bhindi:
- 400 Gms Okra
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 Cup gram flour
- 1 Tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ Turmeric powder
- 2 Medium sized onions finely chopped
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsp Coriander powder
- 2 Tsp Fennel seeds powder
- 1 tsp dry Amchur powder
- 1 Tbsp garam masala powder
- 5 Tbsp of oil for sautéing
- 1 Tsp mustard seeds
- 1 Tsp cumin seeds
Step by Step Instructions
- Wash the Bhindi pat dry and set it aside. Make a cross cut or cut them into 2 half pieces by removing the top and the bottom part and leave them to dry.
- Take a small mixing bowl combine turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, amchur powder, fennel seeds powder, salt, garam masala and mix until well combined.
- Take a pan, on low heat dry roast the besan until it leaves the raw flavor for over 5 mins or so and mix the besan to the above spice mixture.
- Now add the sliced bhindi to the besan mixture and mix well just like a marinate and set it aside for 15 mins.
- Now take a kadai heat oil and splutter 1 tsp cumin, mustard seeds and pinch of hing.
- Now add finely chopped onion, let it cook until transparent and then add ginger garlic paste and cook it until it leaves aroma and then add tomato and cook until soft.
- Now add in prepared bhindi masala, mix well and saute for few mins, close the lid and cook until soft, remove the lid if you feel the bhindi looks very soft to avoid bhindi becoming mushy.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes or till bhindi gets cooked completely and lastly you can garnish with coriander leaves which is optional and few drops of lemon juice.
- Finally, serve besan bhindi masala with rice / roti.