Yummy Indian Tea time snack
1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Water and take few tablespoons extra water
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds ( whole
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (Saunf/
- A pinch of fenugreek seeds (Methi/
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste (
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste (
- 1 tsp chopped Green Chillies (
hari mirchi/ pachi mirpakaya)
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder (
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder(
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder (
- 1 tbsp Raw Mango Powder (Amchoor)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 large Potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed (
- 6-7 Curry Leaves (curry
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Frying
Step by Step Instructions
- Mix together, flour, oil, and salt and knead with water till crumbly but pliable dough. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Pound the dough on a work surface and knead again. Cover and set aside.
For the filling.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and add ginger, garlic, green chilies
andcoriander seeds, stir fry for a minute then add onions and fry till they turn light brown.
- Add fresh coriander, lemon juice, turmeric powder, red chili, salt, and garam masala and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and stir fry for another 2 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Divide the dough into 10 portions and roll each portion into a 5inch oval shape.
- Cut into 2 halves and running a moist finger along the edge, turn this into a cone shape.
- Place a tablespoon of the filling into this cone and seal by flattening on the open end.
- Repeat this step for all the samosas.
- Deep fry the samosa till light brown.
- Samosas are ready to be served with tomato sauce or chutney of your choice.