1 Hour 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 Cups Maida (refined flour)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbsp Milk (extra)
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Packet Instant yeast- 7gms.
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3/4 cup Ghee
- Salt to taste
- 5 Powdered cardamoms.
- Few Saffron strands
Step by Step Instructions
- Soak the saffron in 2 tablespoons warm milk and mix well and set aside.
- Mix together flour, yeast, salt, sugar, egg, molten ghee and knead into a soft pliable dough, adding warm milk and ghee as needed.
- Cover with moist cloth, set aside and wait for it to rise and then knead again and leave for 1 more hour.
- Roll the dough into a quarter of an inch thick rounds about as big as the palm of your hand. And roast them on a tawa cooking it on both sides while occasionally smearing with some milk and ghee till it is cooked well and browns on both sides.
- Serve with any spicy curry or soup.
- Note: Before cooking poke the Sheermal uniformly all around so that it won’t puff up in the oven.
- If you are baking it then preheat the oven to 400 F/200 degree C for about 10-12 minutes until you see the golden brown.