- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 Cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 Cup idli batter.
- 1-2 Finely chopped green chilli
- 1/4 Bunch coriander leaves chopped.
- Salt to taste.
- Sufficient oil for making uttappams (sesame seed oil preferable)
Step by Step Instructions
- In a bowl combine onion, green chilli, carrot.
- Heat a tawa, add a drop of oil and rub it with half an onion or sprinkle some water and clean it well.
- Once the tawa heats, pour the batter and spread it in a circular motion to form a thick dosa as shown in the picture. Uthappams should be thick.
- After a minute, sprinkle the onion mixture all over the uthappam. Gently press it with a ladle or spatula.
- Drizzle oil around the uthappam. Once the the base is golden brown, flip the uthappam to the other side.
- Drizzle a little oil on the other side also. Let it cook for few minutes. Once it is cooked, remove the dosa from the tawa and serve hot with chutney or sambar.
Note – I have added a very little purple cabbage for the look, it is healthy too however it is optional.