- 1/2 Cup rice
- 1/2 Cup moong dal
- Water as required
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 8 Cashew nuts
- 1/2 Tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 Tsp pepper corn crushed
- 1 Inch ginger finely chopped or grated
- 1 Sprig curry leaves
- 1 Pinch hing
- 1 pinch tumeric powder
- 2 Green chilli split
Step by Step Instructions
- Dry roast rice and moong dal and let it cool.
- Take a pressure cooker add roasted rice and moong dal, add 4 cups of water,salt to taste and pressure cook for about 6 whisltes or until it gets cooked on medium heat.
- Now take a pan add ghee and heat it,add cumin seeds,pepper,chopped ginger,slit chilli,cashew nuts and a pinch of hing.
- Saute on low flame until cashew turns golden brown.
- Pour the tempering over cooked rice dal mixture and mix well.
- Finally, serve ven pongal with coconut chutney and sambar.